Description: Proudly positioned on its 584sqm corner allotment and encased behind quality picket fencing and established trees is this well-designed family residence. The circa 1960 chamferboard home beautifully provides one simple level of living that allows its occupants plenty of open areas inside and out, so that even a large family can appreciate privacy. Nevertheless, a handy rumpus room or home office downstairs, created by converting the original garaging, is accessed internally or externally.
This home shines fronting popular Strickland Terrace and maximises its North facing corner with a safe yard for children and pets to play. What is evident when you step onto the private covered front veranda and through the front door, is the warmth and richness generated from the polished hardwood floors. The neutral white aesthetic brings a clean and fresh look to the interiors, making you immediately feel at ease as the experience is simply inviting.
An attractive living room showcases an original brick feature wall and spills out to a deck also capturing prevailing summer breezes from its ideal North positioning. However, with the inclusion of reverse cycle air-conditioning and ceiling fans throughout every room; this family area and adjacent dining room and kitchen is always pleasant to occupy all-year round. The well-equipped kitchen is a new addition and with its excessive amount of 2-pac cabinetry and timber benchtops you should never feel constrained. Appliances include stainless steel Kleenmaid gas cook top and concealed rangehood, gas under bench oven and dishwasher.
One end of the home contains three bedrooms all appointed with built-in robes, ceiling fans and air-conditioning and all have easy access to a newly renovated main bathroom with a separate bath and shower, toilet, and laundry. The other end of the home offers a generous main bedroom suite that includes an ensuite, study nook and direct access out to the front veranda. This carpeted suite also provides a built-in robe, ceiling fan and air-conditioning. Near to this, internal stairs lead you down to an expansive rumpus room with security screen door access making it ideal for a home office or gym.
This family residence has a seamless connection to the outdoors with direct access to patios or verandas. The property has side driveway access to a purpose-built double carport.
The location could not be better as it not only delivers quality schooling within a few minutes’ walk but notable sporting venues, clubs, and parkland. Transport has also been taken care of with literally the bus a short stroll away and choice of train stations nearby.
Popular caf&aecute;s, restaurants, cinema, banks, and other conveniences are simply an easy 5–10-minute walk. The home conveniently falls within the Sherwood Primary School, with Graceville State School, Christ the King, St Aidan’s Anglican schools close-by.
Summary of Features:
- Four Bedrooms with one level of living and downstairs rumpus room.
- All bedrooms with built-in robes, ceiling fans, air-conditioning with the main bedroom suite offering an ensuite.
- Open plan living and dining with access to a covered deck, perfect for entertaining or relaxation.
- Gourmet kitchen with timber benchtops, and quality stainless-steel appliances.
- Covered front veranda for year-round use.
- Large main bathroom and separate toilet.
- Internal laundry with storage.
- Security screens and doors, venetians, and curtains.
- Double carport from side street.
- 17 solar panels with 5kw Solis Invertor and new electric 130L Gas Hot Water system (31/8/23).
- Water Harvesting Tank (5,000L) and pump.
- Zincalume Iron roof with whirley birds and mesh gutter guard.
- Zinc Garden shed plus undercover rear storage facility.
- Fully fenced corner 584m2 allotment with an ideal north aspect.
- Excellent locale just footsteps to parkland, boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants, bus, and train.
- Within the school catchment zone for Sherwood Primary School, and proximity to other prominent schools such as St Aidan’s Anglican Girls and Christ the King Catholic Primary and Graceville State School.
- Just 7km to Brisbane CBD.
This property is currently owner occupied. Inspections strictly by appointment or at scheduled open homes. Please contact Chris White on 0407 526 868 or Martin Hood on 0411 220 736.