Description: Casting a captivating first impression, this classic brick charmer has received a superb modern extension and a skillful renovation to create a family residence where comfort and warmth are paramount. The brilliant location sees Darby Street's cafes and boutique shopping, Civic Park and Newcastle Art Gallery just seconds from the front door.
Following on from the appealing exterior with its tuck-pointed bricks and sunny front verandah, the home's interior flaunts professionally painted decor, faultless presentation, and rooms flowing easily from one to the next. A leadlight front door, ornate ceilings and ornamental fireplaces denote the period beginnings of the home, while plantation shutters and air-conditioning add modern amenity. A formal lounge room sits at the heart of the home before the contemporary open plan family living zone, where bi-fold doors make this room one with the alfresco entertaining area and level lawns. A skylit kitchen enjoys northern sun and is appointed with Smeg appliances. Four bedrooms, master with a spa ensuite and walk-in-robe, are all private and restful retreats, while a family bathroom sporting a separate shower and clawfoot bath adds further convenience. Offering privacy in spades and generous interiors throughout, this family home will surprise and delight!
- Beautifully updated single level brick home on 487sqm parcel
- A significant extension has created a second living space, modern kitchen, fourth bedroom with ensuite and laundry with third w/c
- Freestanding triple garage plus carport and ample driveway parking is a bonus in the inner-city
- Timber floors, picture rails and original doors and architraves add character
- Valuable loft storage
- Easycare gardens with level lawns provide a safe play area for children and pets
- 700m from the university city campus and a 10-minute stroll to the harbour foreshore and beaches